The Boardman Food Pantry is seeking to hire a part-time manager for the day to day operations of the pantry.
The full position description and application are available to downlaod here.
Part-time, approximately 20-25 hours per week
Valid Oregon Driver’s License (Required)
High School Diploma or equivalent
Full Job Description:
FOOD PANTRY MANAGER
PART-TIME POSITION, approximately 20-25 hours per week
1 position available
Purpose of Position:
To oversee the day-to-day operation and procurement of resources for the Boardman Food Pantry while adhering to our Mission Statement and Core Values. This position requires frequent contact with clients, partners, vendors, volunteers, and the general public.
- Purchases food for monthly deliveries including but not limited to food banks, food suppliers, bulk purchasing and other cost saving opportunities.
- Ensure clients receive food pantry services by implementing practices that promote the dignity of all clients, volunteers, donors, and staff
- Organize the pantry for optimal workflow and efficiency
- Ability to use all equipment in the pantry proficiently including pallet jacks, etc.
- Maintain an inventory of items and work to minimize waste.
- Load and unload pallets of food and non-food items from delivery trucks.
- Maintain maintenance logs on cooler, freezer, and other appliances in the pantry.
- Ensure that the facility is in good condition and safe for public access.
- Assists in coordinating food drives with local community partners including churches, schools, communities, and other organizations.
- Responds to requests for information regarding the food pantry in a timely manner.
- Answer Pantry phone. Coordinate with Board members to ensure the phone is answered when the Pantry Manager is unavailable.
- Schedule volunteer staff to help manage day-to-day operations of the food pantry.
- Ensure the food pantry is stocked, organized, and clean.
- Speak to various groups to educate them about the purpose and role of the Food Pantry in the community.
- Coordinate special volunteer events or opportunities as needed.
- Oversee and ensure accurate and efficient input into the client and pantry database.
- Manage relationships with community stakeholders including other food pantries, service providers, and community groups.
- Create and submit reports as required by our partner agencies.
- Communicate with board members regarding the budget, financial needs, and general pantry data.
- Attend monthly board meeting.
- Other duties assigned relevant to the position.
- Ability to work in multiple computer programs managed by the agency.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Ability to prioritize and complete work in timely fashion.
- Ability to be open minded to new policies and procedures.
- Ability to problem-solve on various issues as they relate to the Food Pantry.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and dignity of clients.
Standards for Measuring Performance:
- Ability to stay within budget for food purchases.
- Implementation of cost saving measures in purchasing.
- Ability to organize and maintain optimal efficiency in the pantry.
- Demonstration of commitment to quality and professionalism in all work-related activities.
- Ability to accurately complete tasks assigned.
- Exhibition of pleasant and helpful attitude towards clients, staff, volunteers, etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Computer Skills relevant to pantry reporting, creating professional presentations for the pantry and budgeting and inventory.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, repeatedly bend and lift.
Language/Mathematical Skills & Reasoning Ability
- Ability to comprehend and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and policy and procedure manuals.
- Ability to prepare routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, volunteers, and clients of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry our instructions in written, oral, or diagram form.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent
- Preferred relevant experience, but not required
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
- When appropriate